Tuesday 18 May 2010

Easy Web Video Review

Ok. This was the second piece of software I tried out.

When I first saw Easy Web Video my first reaction was... WOW! this program is amazing.

Just like before they also claimed that this software offered a quick and easy solution to adding video to a website... To demonstrate that point the owner Shawn Pringle uses his 7 year old daughter in a demo video to show us just how easy it is to use... I was blown away!

So I downloaded the software because it was free! yes you did hear right the software is free to download.

When I first downloaded Easy Web Video I couldn't believe how simple and user friendly it looked and felt. You simply click a button to select your source video, choose the output size you want the video to be, then click another button to create web video. The software then goes and convert your video file into flash format the best format for web video.

Then you get to play around with the settings where you can choose different players, change the colors, have the video auto start, have it redirect the user when the video ends, even have buttons embed into the video.

You can also add a logo and labels, but my favorite feature was the capability to be able to put an email form right into the video itself. How cool is that?

Your next step is to then publish your video and this is the part that made me cringe... As soon as I hit the publish button I was presented with a new window selling me video hosting. OUCH!

First I thought how sneaky and was about to close the window. But I loved the software so much I thought I would first read the details, Unlimited video hosting... Unlimited video views... Lifetime product upgrades and a really easy to use software even for me! all for only $9.95/month, not bad.

So I decided to give it ago and I'm pleased with my decision. As soon as I signed up I was given a small piece of code to put on my web page where ever I wanted my video to play.

My verdict on this one:

Price - 5/5 Stars
Quality -4/5 Stars
Effectiveness - 4/5 Stars
Ease of Use - 5/5 Stars
Support - 5/5 Stars

Read more about Easy Web Video Here

No comments:

Post a Comment